This project is another one so easy it almost doesn’t need instructions. This is the last projects I made for my little one’s breakfast themed birthday party, we used them as the party favors for her friends. I found the idea on Apartment Therapy & followed the instructions from the Corner Blog.
Donut Crayon DIY
- Strip the paper off your old crayons. This is the part that took some time. Tip: score your wrappers with an x-acto knife where the wrapper folds over itself and the wrapper will peel off in one piece (9% of the time).
- Sort your crayons into color groups.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
- Break/chop up your crayons into little pieces.
- Arrange the crayon bits in your donut pans
- Bake for 13 minutes until the tops are smooth
- Cool on a baking rack for 15 minutes
- Cool in the freezer for 5 minutes & pop your finished crayons out of the pan.
My favorite parts of this project were chopping up the crayons & finally using up a big pile of crayons that have been sitting in my craft bins since high school…so awhile!